March the 4th: First look at 'Han Solo' cast
Posted Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM Central
Last updated Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:56 PM Central
by John Couture
The last month was anything but boring when it came to Star Wars news, but consider this: we still haven't seen a single bit of footage from The Last Jedi. While it seems that Disney is departing from the strategy it established on The Force Awakens, you have to remember that they now have other Star Wars films to promote.
Honestly, I was hoping to see the first trailer attached to Rogue One, but it actually makes more sense for Disney to hold back. We didn't see anything for Rogue One until after The Force Awakens had its run. So, from here on out, I think it's safe to say that Disney isn't going to undercut its own Star Wars film with the next great thing.
If you're expecting March to be a month filled with news, you might want to curb your enthusiasm. With Star Wars Celebration taking place next month, it's probably a good bet that Disney will be on lockdown until then. Also, if you're just longing to see the first frames from The Last Jedi, then I'm willing to bet that you will be rewarded in a little over a month.
Thankfully, the last month was full of plenty of Star Wars news. Let's get started, shall we?
- The biggest news of the last month was finally being able to share with all of you the details concerning the DVD and Blu-ray release of Rogue One. The month or so that I had to sit on that art was probably the toughest thing ever. You can check out all of the details at the link above. You will be able to own the latest Star Wars film on April 4.
I don't know if you followed Josh Gad's little series of videos with Daisy Ridley over on his twitter account, but he basically was trying to get her to answer some questions about The Last Jedi during their downtime on the set of a film they are shooting (Murder on the Orient Express).
After his solo attempt failed, he turned to Dame Judi Dench to try and pry some answers out of her.
When that failed, Josh brought in the heavy hitters.
- We have had far too many reminders lately that the cast of Star Wars is getting up there in age - like the rest of us. First, we got news that they have cast a new actor to replace Kenny Baker inside R2-D2.
- Sometimes, news from the films comes from odd places. It seems that Rey is letting her hair down - literally - in The Last Jedi. The new look was revealed as part of packaging for a promo photo for the upcoming Force Friday in the fall when all the new film's toys are made available for purchase.
- The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson revealed the first shot of the stormtroopers from the upcoming film. There are a few differences in their design from the previous movie, can you spot them?
- We mentioned that next year's Han Solo is currently filming and to mark the occasion, the official Star Wars twitter account tweeted out the following cast photo from the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.
Well, that's it for now. Until next month, may the Force be with you.