||April 1, 1980|
Profile created on January 30, 2002.
Did you know?
- Bijou's parents are musician John Phillips (The Mamas and the Papas) and Genevieve Waite.
- Her half-sisters are singers Chyna and Mackenzie Phillips.
- Bijou was the youngest model to ever appear on the cover of 'Vogue.' She was 13 and graced the Italian edition.
- As a child, she was a equestrienne champion.
- Her friends call her 'Bij.'
- Bijou spent less than four years modeling, deciding the industry was "exploitive and creepy."
- Bijou produced her first album when she turned 17 called 'I'd Rather Eat Glass,' (in reference to what she'd do before going back to modeling). She is working on a second album between movies. She takes her guitar to shoots to practice.
- Bijou dates Sean Lennon.
- Bij's godfather was Andy Warhol.
- She was named after a French song. "Bijou" means "jewel" in French.
- Bij has two tattoos. She has a frog on her ankle and a cursive, flowery "daddy" on one of her upper buttocks.
- Bijou was on the cover of 'Playboy' magazine in March, 2000. She also appears nude in the photo shoot inside.
- Bijou was known as a party-girl, wild and crazy. At a young age she would go on "tirades" in New York clubs and parties, earning herself quite a reputation.
- During an interview, Bijou was asked what kind of parent she thinks she'll be. "A good parent. I'd give the kids everything I didn't have: a stable environment, a structured life, discipline, love."
- Bijou was legally emancipated from her parents when she was 14 years old.